A BLOG CREATED TO CAPTURE MY JOURNEY!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Balance....

....definately something I struggle with on a daily bases. Three years ago when hubby and I made our "big" move from one side of the country to the other. We decided that it would be a good time for me to take my jewelry business to the next level by working at it full time....I had never anticipated it to be so challenging.
Now 3 years later...with many ups, and many downs....I am learning more then ever how balance and confidence is the most important part of my daily job.  Often people think ahhhhh...how nice it would be to work from home...not realizing the struggles you face on a daily bases.
I have to say that running my own business is the hardest most exhausting thing I have ever done, both mentally and emotionally. Especially because it has been such a life long dream, and failure to me is not an option! A whole lot of passion goes into everyday and there is a huge amount of pressure you put on yourself to succeed! The only one you can blame at the end of the day is yourself. Your brain is working 24/7...and one of the hardest parts is not having a reliable pay cheque every 2 weeks, which in turn plays on your confidence, often feeling like an emotional roller coaster with extreme highs followed by extreme lows!

   Another VERY difficult part to my job is
that everyday I have to haul my butt out of bed (thats not the hard part) but pumping myself up is. I have to tell myself that what I design is beautiful and of course people will want to buy it. I have to be the accountant, the PR, the shipping and receiving, the boss, the worker, the creator, and above all the designer all in one day....and then wake up and do it all over again, so that, like the rest of the world. I can contribute to my family and most of all FEEL and BE successful!!!

All I ask is that people respect that I actually have a job too, just like them!!....and YES it is a “REAL” job!. Wearing all these hats has been challenging none the less, but finding balance proves time and time again to be the most challenging yet rewarding part of my job. Keeping it all straight is a full-time job in and of itself.

Success is not the key to happiness,
Happiness is the key to success.
If you LOVE what you are doing,
You will be successful.
~ Buddha

Cheers to finding balance in your life!

 

No comments:

Happy Halloween From My Family to Yours

Personalize funny videos and birthday eCards at JibJab!

Countdown to the BIG day!!!

My Etsy Fav's

In Loving Memory

In Loving Memory

365 DAILY THOUGHTS & INSPIRATIONS

Tuesday February 10th 2009

~Take a moment today to thank who ever may be "your" God for your pets.
Enjoy them, and take GOOD care of them.
Life would be, and for me, is a much duller lonely and less joyful experience without these adorable little critters~


(In loving memory of our sweet little Olive who died very unexpectedly 2 days after I wrote this.
Olive You are greatly missed each and everyday
We all love you! xox)